These make great festive party snacks and are a brilliant way to add colour to your table
Makes around 26 • Ready in 5 hours, plus cooling
- 500g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 4 clementines (approx 300g), cut into ½cm-thick slices, ends discarded
- 100g bar Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade 70% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 tsp Co-op 100% virgin coconut oil
- 15g pistachios, finely chopped
- First, make a syrup. Put the sugar in a saucepan with 300ml water. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Add the clementine slices to the pan, cover and cook for 1 hour 30 mins to 1 hour 45 mins, until the rind is translucent and softened, stirring occasionally to keep all the slices submerged.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/gas ½. Line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Use a fork to lift the clementine slices from the syrup one at a time, allowing each to drain, and spread out on the baking trays. Bake for 2 hours to 2 hours 45 mins, until they look less shiny and wet.
- Lift the sheets of baking paper onto cooling racks and allow to fully cool (the slices will firm up further).
- To decorate, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly. Remove the bowl and let the chocolate cool for 5 mins.
- Half-dip each clementine slice into the chocolate and place on a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and allow to fully set.