These sweet treats are great for a festive party platter
Makes 10 • Ready in 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 large Co-op British free range egg whites
- 200g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 40g Fairtrade white chocolate
- 100g Co-op Italian mascarpone
- 1 tbsp bourbon whiskey
- 1 tbsp Fairtrade icing sugar
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg, plus extra for dusting
- 100ml whipping cream
- You will also need a piping bag fitted with a 1cm nozzle
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/gas ½. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk or stand mixer until doubled in size. Whisk in the caster sugar 1 tbsp at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fill your piping bag with the meringue mix, then pipe 20 small peaks onto the lined baking tray. Bake for 1 hour, then leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly, then take the bowl off the heat. Drizzle the chocolate over the meringues and leave to cool.
- When you’re ready to serve, put the mascarpone, bourbon, icing sugar and nutmeg in a bowl, and beat with an electric whisk until smooth. Add the cream and beat briefly again, until soft peaks form. Use the cream mixture to sandwich the meringues together, then dust with a little extra nutmeg to serve.