Ingredients:You will need a 2lb loaf tin
- 265g plain flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 115g unsalted butter (softened)
- 265g caster sugar
- zest of 3 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 125ml lemon juice
- 60ml milk
- 120g icing sugar
- 20ml lemon juice
- Optional - lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line the loaf tin with parchment/baking paper and let it hang over the sides
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds and baking powder
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and zest with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the lemon juice and milk.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack completely before unmoulding
7. In a bowl, whisk together the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
8. Place the loaf onto a serving platter and drizzle with the glace
9. Add lemon slices on the top (optionally)