Two favourites rolled into one
Makes 8 • Ready in 1 hour, plus cooling
- 175g Co-op unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- 175g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade 70% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 3 large Co-op British free range eggs
- 250g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 85g Co-op plain white flour
- 40g Co-op Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 4 Co-op Irresistible mini mince pies, halved
- Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Melt, stirring regularly, then set aside to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk together the eggs and sugar, until pale, thick and mousse-like — this may take up to 10 mins, depending on your mixer.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, sift in the flour and cocoa, and fold together. Pour into the tin. Arrange the mince pie halves on top, some upright and some flat, pushing them most of the way into the mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 mins. Leave to cool in the tin. Cut into 8 pieces to serve.