This super-indulgent festive brunch makes for an extra special Christmas treat
Feeds 4 • Ready in 15 mins
- 4 Co-op all butter croissants, halved lengthways
- 6 tbsp Co-op mincemeat
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 Co-op Irresistible Scottish shortbread fingers, crumbled
FOR THE BRANDY MASCARPONE
- ½ x 250g tub Co-op mascarpone
- 2 tbsp Co-op Napoleon brandy
- 1 tbsp Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Start with the mascarpone: combine it with the brandy and sugar, then chill until required.
- Lay the bottom halves of the croissants on a baking tray and spread each with 1½ tbsp of the mincemeat. Sprinkle over most of the zest, then three-quarters of the crumbled shortbread. Sandwich with the top halves of the croissants.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shortbread. Bake for 8 mins, until crisp. Serve immediately, with a dollop of brandy mascarpone on the side and the reserved orange zest scattered over.