Try using Co-op’s crunchy seasonal British apples instead of pears to change things up.
FEEDS 2 – READY IN 25 MINS
- 2 rashers Co-op British smoked rindless streaky bacon
- 15g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 Co-op British pears, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 tsp Co-op clear honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Co-op British little gem lettuce, leaves torn
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4cm cucumber, halved and sliced
- 40g Co-op Irresistible Stilton
- Co-op Irresistible sourdough (optional)
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and dry fry in a large pan until crisp. Set aside, then wipe out the pan.
- Add the walnuts and cook for 2-3 mins, tossing until lightly toasted, then set aside.
- Heat the oil, add the pears and gently fry for 5 mins, turning often, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the honey, balsamic vinegar and mustard, stir to coat, and cook for 2 more mins.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter along with the pepper and cucumber, then add the pears.
- Crumble the Stilton over the salad, then scatter the bacon and walnuts on top and drizzle over any leftover pan juices.
- Serve with a few slices of the sourdough bread, if using.