- 3 heaped tbsp of porridge oats
- 100ml milk
- 100ml water
- 1 tbsp honey (Why not go For Fairtrade?)
- 1 small banana (Why not go For Fairtrade?)
- 1 tbsp toasted almond flakes
- Spoon the oats into a small dish and observe the amount in that dish before emptying the oats into a small saucepan. Pour enough milk into the same dish to come up to the same line, then tip that into the saucepan with the oats. Repeat with cold water from a tap. *You’re aiming for an equal volume of oats, water and milk.
- Squeeze in the honey and a tiny pinch of salt if you prefer, then heat gently to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for a minute, then leave to rest for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice a banana whilst you wait for it to rest.
- Serve the porridge in a bowl with the banana on top and add sliced almonds on top for texture.