Our five-ingredient version of a traditional rice dish is really easy to make — and elegant enough for a special dinner during the Easter break
Feeds 4 • Ready in 40 mins
- 1 Co-op British cauliflower
- 5 tbsp curry paste
- 2 x 250g packs microwavable Co-op wholegrain rice
- 50g Co-op flaked almonds
- Small handful coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Trim the cauliflower, then slice vertically into 6 thick steaks.
- Arrange in a single layer on a large baking tray. Mix half the curry paste with 2 tbsp cold water, season, then brush over the steaks.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins. While the steaks are cooking, put the rest of the curry paste in a bowl with 100ml cold water and mix until smooth.
- Add the wholegrain rice, season and stir well to coat, breaking up any clumps as you go. Carefully turn the cauliflower steaks over, then add the rice mixture to the tray and return to the oven for another 5 mins.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and cook for 10 mins more, until the rice is piping hot and the cauliflower is tender. Scatter over the coriander to serve.