- 1 Co-op British egg white
- 200g icing sugar
- 250g ground almonds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 150C/fan 130C/Gas 2
- Whisk the egg white into soft peaks, then sift in half the icing sugar, still whisking
- Stir in the almonds and cinnamon until you get a stiff, slightly sticky dough.
- Cut into quarters and roll each piece between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper until roughly 5mm thick
- Use a star-shaped cutter to cut out the cookies and bake on 2 large lined baking trays for about 15 mins.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and sift the remaining icing sugar, mixed with 1 tbsp water, to make a runny icing
- Use to top the cooled biscuits