Refreshing and easy to throw together, here‘s your ultimate summer side for BBQ season
Serves 4 • Ready in 15 mins
‘You can add bags of flavour to your salads by making use of the liquid that an ingredient comes in — like the oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes, for example. For this Greek salad, try adding the brine from the Feta to your dressing for a tangy kick. I’m also a big fan of toppings to give that bit of extra texture — a sprinkle of toasted summer squash seeds would add a nice finishing touch here.‘
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and cubed
- 420g pack Co-op Irresistible vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g drained Co-op pitted black hojiblanca olives in brine
- 100g Co-op Greek Feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- 75ml Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put the red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and Feta into a large bowl.
- Make the salad dressing by shaking the olive oil, vinegar and oregano in a jam jar.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss gently to combine. Serve sprinkled with the parsley and plenty of black pepper.