Warm up after a spot of carol singing with this hot, fruity spiced drink
Feeds 8 • Ready in 30 mins, plus infusing
- Halve 6 Co-op clementines, and juice 5 of them (this should make about 150ml juice).
- Pour the juice into a large saucepan, along with 3 x 500ml bottles Co-op Irresistible Tillington Hills British cider.
- Push 8 cloves into the skin of the remaining clementine, then add to the pan with 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half, 1 star anise, 2 bay leaves (optional), 25g ginger, thinly sliced, the peeled zest of 1 lemon and 2 tbsp Co-op clear honey.
- Heat gently until just simmering, then remove from the heat and cover.
- Allow to infuse for at least 1 hour, and up to 24 hours if you have time, then store in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, stir in 200ml Co-op classic navy rum and heat gently, then discard the whole spices and ladle into glasses.
- Garnish with extra cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, star anise and clementine slices, if you like.
Energy per glass 1121kJ / 269kcal • Alcohol units per glass 2.0*