Crumpets were first eaten by the Anglo-Saxons, and today make a great base for pizza toppings.
FEEDS 2 READY IN 15 MINS
- 4 Co-op crumpets
- 3 tbsp Co-op tomato and herb pizza topper sauce
- 3 sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 pitted black olives, sliced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 40g Co-op Irresistible Somerset vintage Cheddar, grated
- 40g rocket
- 1 stick Co-op British celery, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Lightly toast the crumpets and spread with the pizza sauce.
- Top with the sundried tomato, olives, half the pepper and the cheese, then grill until melted.
- Meanwhile, mix the rocket with the remaining red pepper, the celery and spring onion. Whisk together the oil and vinegar, toss with the salad, and serve with the pizzas.