Everyone will enjoy huddling together around bowls of steaming hot soup
Feeds 6 • Ready in 15 mins (plus soup)
Find the soup recipe at https://food.chelmsfordstar.coop/food/spiders-web-soup
FOR THE TOASTIES
- 6 slices from a 400g Co-op white farmhouse loaf
- 2 heaped tbsp Co-op tomato purée
- 6 Co-op pitted black olives in brine, drained and finely sliced
- 6 Co-op mature Cheddar slices, cut into thin strips
- 6 tsp single cream, to serve
- Follow our soup recipe at https://food.chelmsfordstar.coop/food/spiders-web-soup or heat our fresh Co-op Gluten Free Tomato & Basil Soup according to the pack instructions.
- For the toasties, preheat the grill to high and line a large baking tray with foil. Lightly toast the bread, then spread with the tomato purée. Put 2 olive rings in the centre near the top for eyes, then lay cheese strips diagonally over the toast, spaced out so they don’t melt into one another. Grill for about 1 minute, until the cheese has just melted – too
- long and you’ll lose the bandage effect.
- Pour the soup into bowls, then drizzle concentric circles in each one with the cream. Use a cocktail stick to feather them out for a spider’s web effect. Make spiders with the
- leftover olives, then serve.